Spring Break 2013 Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For Spring Break 2013 some students went to far-off places, while others stayed home for a relaxing vacation. Either way, students enjoyed their time off, whether they were spending time with friends traveling, or getting to catch up with amily over home-cooked meals. Here are a few Spring Break highlights from some students across campus at BU:

For my Spring Break, I went with three of my best friends to Las Vegas! It was my first time there so I was pretty excited. Our flight was set to leave at six in the morning, so my roommates that I pulled an all-nighter (my first I might add). Unfortunately though, once we actually got on the plane we stayed on the tarmac for two hours as the pilot told us that no planes could leave due to the snowstorm. We ended up missing our connecting flight and arriving in Vegas 11 hours later than planned. But not to worry, as soon as we arrived we threw our things down in our hotel (we stayed at the MGM) and got ready to go out for our first night! It’s true what they say, Vegas really does look awesome at night with the whole city lit up. And for the four days we were there it actually did get pretty warm. We got to relax by the pool and jacuzzis at the hotel, which we definitely needed after each night of wearing heels for hours and hours. The nightlife was a lot of fun (as expected) but even the sightseeing was awesome too. The four of us got to do the gondola ride in the Venetian, while we were serenaded by an Italian, named Livio. One of the highlights of the trip, I’d have to say, was our adventure to In ‘N Out Burger. We all planned on eating the famous West Coast burgers as soon as we arrived but it was a lot harder getting there than we originally thought. The In ‘N Out was in some sort of Las Vegas Narnia and we had to walk beside the highway, jump over fences and under bridges to get there. But after a bit of adventure we finally made it…and then stood in line for an hour to get the amazing food. All in all though, it was a great trip and I got to spend my last college spring break with my best friends, which was amazing!

Story from Rania Ezzo, CAS ’15:

For spring break, I went to Vermont with a few friends on a ski trip. Once I got to the resort and put on my skis I got really nervous and told my friends that I really had no experience whatsoever. They still decided that the best way to learn was to just get right into it. Before I learned even how to stop, I was already at the top of a mountain. Since I was likely going to fall, my friends told me to go first, in case I needed help up. I zoomed down the mountain without weaving back and forth and at the bottom of the steep hill there was a sharp turn. I went right through the banks and into the trees! My skis went flying in different directions. After trying it the second time, though, I got the hang of it and managed to get down the mountain without too many issues. Since I was staying at my friend’s grandparents’ house I got a lot of nice home-cooked meals. There was also a hut tub…that we somehow managed to break. We also went hiking on a few trails and explored downtown Burlington. We walked on the waterfront, and even walked across the frozen lake. It was quite the experience!

Story from Michelle Cruz SED ’14:

Over Spring Break, I took my friend into New York City to show him some sights. We took the LIRR in and walked from Penn Station over to Times Square. From Times Square we took the subway over to Highline Park, which was absolutely beautiful. The weather was great so we were able to walk around the park and boardwalk area. Then we headed over to Central Park where we met some skateboarders and were able to get some great action shots with our cameras as they fooled around in the park. We then took the subway into Brooklyn and explored the area around the Brooklyn Bridge. There is a beautiful pier under the bridge, which was great for some photo opps! While we were there we caught a glimpse of a wedding party photo-shoot. After hanging out by the water, we walked across the bridge and saw awesome architecture. While walking across the bridge we saw an engagement photo-shoot too. We definitely accomplished a lot of sightseeing for one day!

Story from Marie Goldstein COM ’14:

For Spring Break I traveled to Punta Cana; it was amazing! We stayed at Grand Paradise Bavaro, which is an all-inclusive hotel and resort. Everyday my friends and I woke up and went to the beach until the afternoon, where we then headed over to the daily pool party. DJs Tommy D and Adrian Scott hosted the pool parties! Every night we would go to the Crazy Disco Moon, which was a club on the premises but we also went to Imagine Punta Cana, a club that was in a cave where there were actual bats flying above us! It was super cool! We also went on a cruise off the coast of Punta Cana where we sailed and went snorkeling—I saw Dori! From spending time on the beach, to seeing the sights in Punta Cana, it was a grand time!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.