Planning Your Semester One Week at A Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The start of the semester is probably the least stressful time for college students, so right now is the prime opportunity to plan out your semester, if you haven’t already. Planning out your entire semester seems difficult (and impossible) so I like to plan out my semester one week at a time.

1. Take out the syllabi for your semester’s classes.

Photo Credits: Metiza

Arrange your syllabi and take out a Post-It note and a pen. Make either a section for each day of the week or a section for each class or any other format, really. Jot down all the readings and assignments, or anything else you may have to do for each class during that particular week.

2. Take it all in.

Photo Credits: Youtube

Being able to see your weekly responsibilities on paper is great to mentally prepare you for what lies ahead. Make sure to put the Post-It note somewhere you’ll see it constantly, like in your dorm room desk or by putting it on your phone’s lock screen.

3. Get started (yikes).

Photo Credits: Blogspot

This is ultimately the hardest part. Planning and organizing is fun, but having to actually start is pretty dreadful. Get started and put a line across whatever you get done. Being able to see your progress is motivation enough to keep going.

4. Repeat.

Photo Credits: Pinterest 

At the end of the week, every line on your post it should be scratched off, and you should feel pretty good about it. I like to repeat the process after my classes on Friday to mentally prepare myself for the week ahead and use the weekend to get a head start.

I hope this article helps you lead a stress-free and productive semester. Feel free to tweak this process to your likings and actually use it!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Clarissa is a senior majoring in Journalism at Boston University's College of Communication. Besides writing, Clarissa loves Srabble, astrology, and satire. ?
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.