The Perfect Lazy Summer Makeup Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s almost summer time, and the living is supposed to be easy, right? But when it comes to dealing with your hair and makeup during this hot, humid season, this statement couldn’t be more wrong. Your hair is constantly frizzy and you usually resort to the trusty messy bun and makeup almost seems like a lost cause. Here are some makeup tips for even the laziest summer day:

1. Start off with face moisturizer that has SPF to protect your skin. No one looks good with a lobster face and even if you tan easily, it’s always a good idea to wear sunscreen not only all year long but especially during the summer.

Recommendation: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

2. Apply a primer to ensure your makeup lasts all day. Primer acts as a base to your makeup and can prevent it from sweating off. Look for a silicone base primer that will block your skin from the humidity.

Recommendations: Neutrogena Shine Control Primer; Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

3. Ditch the heavy makeup and opt for a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream. Foundation will only feel like a cakey-mask in the heat and humidity, but tinted moisturizer or BB Cream are both light and will still even out your skin. If necessary, add a little extra coverage with concealer.

Recommendations: L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer; Garnier Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream; Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil-Free

4. Use a bronzer to perfect the sun-kissed look. Ever heard of the saying “fake it till you make it?” Well this is where bronzer comes in handy. Bronzer gives off the sun-kissed, tan effect on your face even when you haven’t yet made it to the beach.

Recommendation: Revlon Photoready Bronzer; Nars Bronzing Powder

5. Skip the eye-shadow and apply waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Eye shadow will only crease, and raccoon eyes are not a good look for anyone. Anyways eyeliner and mascara is all you should need to define your eyes, plus you could go for colored eyeliner, which is always on trend during the summer.

Recommendations: Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof; Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

6. Complete your look with tinted lip balm. Lipstick feels heavy, lip gloss feels sticky, but tinted lip balm is perfect for the summer. It will protect your lips against the rays all the while adding a little color.

Recommendation: Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm; A Kiss of Cherry Flavored Tinted Lip Care SPF 10

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.