element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

An Open Letter to My Significant Other’s Jealous Ex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

To the girl he loved before me,

I don’t have any ill will towards you. I respected the idea of you once, before you started harassing me on social media. You claim you know him better than I do, and once upon a time, that might have been true. But you don’t know who he is now, and how hard we worked to get him to the man he is today.

I understand being jealous. If I wasn’t satisfied with my life, maybe I’d be jealous too. But that wouldn’t cause me to start drama.

You see, after you broke him, I helped him put the pieces back together. Our relationship has been so much less than perfect, but we’ve loved each other through a lot of hardships.

Maybe you’re jealous that he chose me instead of coming back to you? I know you think you’re trying to save me, but the truth of the matter is, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and I trust him.

I’m running out of patience to keep listening to your ideas about our relationship and all of the things you think are wrong with me. It’s very frustrating to listen to you make judgments about someone you’ve never met.

I’m sorry that you want someone you can’t have, but I’d appreciate it if you fought with him and not me. I’m just the girl who saved the person you broke.

I sincerely hope that one day you won’t be so bitter and that I won’t have to block you on social media.

Love always,

The girl who married him

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.