This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.
“Visions of Johanna” by Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan is my absolute favorite artist. Many of his relaxing and lyrically profound folk songs feel like the coming of autumn. I chose this track because of the stunning harmonica and groveling voice that feel particularly cozy. 

“Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)” by Marvin Gaye

With Marvin Gaye’s voice mixed with saxophone, this song is incredibly catchy and impossible not to dance to. I’ve known this song for years but I always seem to revisit it when fall rolls around. 

“Harvest Moon” by Neil Young

Though this song was tragically taken off of Spotify, I go out of my way to listen to it on Youtube because it’s that good. “Harvest Moon” is not only a sweet and simple melody, its lyrics are a touching tribute to longevity in romantic relationships. 

“Wicked Game” by Chris ISsak

As soon as the first note plays, you’ll be hooked on this song. It’s soothing and emotional, but still catchy. You might recognize it from a certain episode of a 90’s sitcom.

“Wichita Lineman” by Glen Campbell

This song includes one of my favorite lyrics ever: “And I need you more than want you and I want you for all time.” Glen Campbell’s old country style is such a fun listen.

“How To Disappear” by Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey’s angelic voice is perfect for a fall afternoon of relaxation. I listen to this song year-round, but I’ve had it on repeat this past month. It has a hint of melancholy, but is a great listen.

“It Had To Be You” by Ray Charles

I loved Frank Sinatra’s version of this song in the classic fall film “When Harry Met Sally,” but Ray Charles’ brassy jazz rendition is even more captivating to me. It just makes me want to stroll through the streets of New York City in the fall.

“Tis’ The Damn Season” by Taylor Swift

This song, along with Taylor Swift’s whole evermore album, perfectly characterize autumn. The album’s cover, featuring her in braids and a plaid jacket, speaks for itself. This song has one of my favorite bridges about returning to your hometown after going to Hollywood.

Give all of these songs a listen and find yourself more in touch with autumn!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Laura Tickey is a writer and editor at the Her Campus at Boston University Chapter. She is a junior at Boston University majoring in journalism and minoring in history. She loves to write stories about music, films, and events in the Boston area. Many of her articles also feature life and style advice.