This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The word February comes from the Latin word februa, which refers to the Roman festival of cleansing. During the festival, Romans participated in ritualistic washing, promoting purification and fertility. For me, I wanted my February to be a clean slate — similar to the Roman festival. By listening to my favorite tracks, along with a few new releases, I got through this month with ease. 

“Glue Song” by Beabadobee

This great song is a recent release, as Beabadobee released it on Valentine’s Day. I’ve been a fan of Beabadobee for a while and saw her in concert last December: She absolutely killed it. 

“Nobody” by Mac DeMarco 

Mac DeMarco makes the chillest music — all of his songs are so calming, which makes me love listening to his music while strolling through campus. I sort of forgot about “Nobody” for a while, but I’m glad I’ve been revisiting this song. 

“Pears” by Weston Estate

It is always a great time when this song comes on. A while back, I found Weston Estate through TikTok. I haven’t listened to Weston Estate for too long since they are a newer band. I’m actually seeing Weston Estate perform in March when they open for Keshi!

“Lady of Namek” by Tory Lanez

While I don’t support Tory Lanez as a person by any means, this song has had me entranced for months. I remember when this album came out in 2021, I brushed it off and didn’t really enjoy it. However, this song is absolutely amazing and definitely one of my most played songs of the year.

“drive ME crazy!” By Lil Yachty 

Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about Lil Yachty’s change of musical genre in this album. I have to say that he has executed the Alternative music style pretty well and this song is so good. 

While February so far has been pretty hectic, listening to music has definitely helped me get through it. I hope that these few song recommendations can help you, too!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to follow us on Instagram, like us on Facebook, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!