This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love Sephora as much (if not more) than the next girl. However, sometimes I can’t shell out the cash to pay for high-end makeup. Luckily for me and all the other makeup lovers out there, the makeup selection at drugstores is every growing and surprisingly good quality. Here are a few of my favorite items that don’t break your budget:

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – $14.99

This is one of those products where the reviews really don’t lie. Even after over 1,000 reviews on Ulta.com this buttery bronzer still has 4.5 stars. This bronzer is great for a subtle hint of warmth on your face or a super easy natural contour. Like its name, this bronzer feels smooth and buttery so it blends out easily and never looks streaky. It also has a very distinctive scent that smells somewhere in between a pina colada and coconut tanning lotion (which I love, but not everyone will) so be wary of that if you’re not a huge fan of coconut.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil – $7.49

This itty-bitty brow pencil is a nearly perfect dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. The pencils tiny tip is useful when you want to mimic realistic brow hairs, and the spoolie on the other end is great for brushing and feathering out your natural hairs. It’s a twist up pencil so you never have to worry about having a sharpener on hand, and comes in 8 colors so there’s sure to be a match for your hair shade.

Loreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise – $8.99

This mascara is arguably better than any other volumizing mascara (high or low end) out there. It will literally transform your lashes and make them almost look like falsies. As someone who constantly has mascara rub off on my under my eye, this is one of the few mascaras that doesn’t make me look like a raccoon by mid-day. The bottle does dry out a bit fast, but if you run the bottom half of the tube (make sure not to get water into the tube) under hot water for a minute or so, the tube will be back to normal!

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm – $6.39

I prefer a subtle stain on my lip over lipstick (mostly because I always find a way to rub it off somehow) and this chunky pencil is perfect for a nice subtle flush in the morning when your lips are looking a little too pale. It feels like a balm, so you can even swipe on a deeper color and sheer it out with your finger to make it a more low-key pop of color.

Maybelline FIT ME! Concealer – $5.99

This lightweight concealer is great for hiding pesky under eyes if you want a more natural look. It blends really well with the makeup it’s sitting on top or looks great by itself when you need a quick fix in the morning. It’s also non-comedogenic so it won’t clog up your pores like some other concealers do.

Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter in Wisp – $8.00

I’m not sure if Colourpop is considered drugstore, but their pricing sure is comparable to anything you can get at Target, CVS, or Walmart so I’m including this because it’s a must-have. If you’re looking for glowy skin, Colourpop’s super shock highlighter in Wisp for you. It’s flattering on a ton of different skin tones and has an almost buttery texture that blends out smoothly on your skin.

Drugstore brands are constantly bringing out new products every season that rival high end brands. And while some may fall flat from amazing you, even more will impress you with their quality and affordability.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.