Meet Sophie Bush: BU’s Very Own Dancing Queen and Fashion It-Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Boston University houses a very diverse student body, from international students across the world to just really cool people you may have never interacted with before coming to BU. This is something I realized upon coming to BU this fall, and getting to meet so many talented and creative individuals has definitely been an unforeseen benefit of the university.

To that end, I got the opportunity to interview Sophie Bush, a sophomore at BU who I met through a shared extracurricular. Sophie is incredibly sweet, talented, productive, and not to mention she has some of the best fashion I have seen on campus! I was so happy to get the chance to know more about Sophie, what she does at BU, and her dreams after college. I think that any young woman with similar drive and creative interests would absolutely resonate with Sophie through this interview.

Q: What are you studying at BU? What made you decide to study at BU?

A: I am a sophomore in the Questrom School of Business studying Business Administration with concentrations in Business Analytics and Strategy. I am also in the Kilachand Honors College. BU had been my dream school since I was a freshman in high school, so when I got in, I knew I had to come! I love that I am able to enjoy the business of the city but then go home to the calmer atmosphere of Bay State Road, which is where I live.

Q: What is your role with ‘Fashion and Retail Association’ at BU?

A: I am a Creative Director and work within the Internal Events Planning Department. My team has been planning the upcoming F&R Gala which was on November 12 in the GSU. I created and had all of the marketing materials posted around campus, managed the raffle, and coordinated with the live band that performed!

Q: What were you most excited about for the F&R Gala?

A: I was really excited to see the final version of the documentary we showed! Last year, F&R created a documentary showcasing the designs of three designers from sketches to completion. I was a model in the documentary, and participating in the project is what got me more involved in the club, which led me to apply for an e-board position! The gala had a lot of fun things to do, and we wanted everyone to feel welcome and participate in the fun activities we had planned, like the raffle, red carpet photo op, ring making, and more! I wanted everyone to wear whatever they felt most comfortable in, whether it was a ball gown or a sweater, slacks, and a pearl necklace.

Q: Besides the ‘Fashion and Retail Association,’ what other extracurriculars are you involved in at BU?

A: I am on the e-board of Dance Theater Group as the Treasurer! DTG offers master classes every Thursday for various dance styles. I always look forward to learning a new style from the various guest instructors we bring in. We actually have our fall show “Origins” coming up on November 19 and 20 at 8 p.m. I will be performing in one piece which I adore, but all of the dances are amazing. I am also a member of the Questrom Honors Program, which has been a great experience and allows me to connect with more of my peers.

Q: where do you see yourself after BU? How is your time at BU preparing you for the future?

A: I always say my dream job is to be the Executive Director of the Boston Ballet. I love the idea of being on the business side of a creative or arts organization, like a ballet company or a museum. Although it is not exactly an arts organization, running a retail brand or fashion house would give me a lot of the same balance I want between business and creativity when I look for a job. Nonprofit work is also something I have always wanted to work in. Later in my career, I could see myself transitioning into the nonprofit sector. My classes in Questrom are all taught by amazing professors, and they are giving me the skills I need to succeed in the business world. They also really emphasize the importance of ethical decision-making and the impact businesses have on climate change, which are two things I am really passionate about. It is also clear how much they care about us. Just the other day, my analytics professor took a break from the course content and taught us about personal finance and budgeting because it is an important skill he wished he knew going into college.

Even from just a small set of questions, it is undeniable that Sophie is a bright spirit with an equally bright future ahead of her. I hope that you all had a great time getting to know Sophie just as I did! Be sure to take advantage of all the other events on campus as the semester comes to a close so that you can witness all the hard work your peers put into their extracurriculars!

Thank you again to Sophie Bush for her time and to the readers who took the time to learn more about this amazing young woman.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Boston University 2025 International Relations Student Lover of dogs, coffee, and movies :)