Meet Alexandra Kallfelz and Discover Her Passions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Alexandra (or Ally) Kallfelz uses Her Campus as a platform to empower herself and other women. She loves the idea of being able to voice her opinions while empowering the women around her.

Ally hasn’t always been a journalist. According to her, she didn’t realize she could really make a career out of writing until she joined Her Campus last year. She joined with no intention of ever becoming a professional journalist, or even majoring in journalism, but her experience with the magazine turned that around. She found that she loved journalism.

But, her love for writing goes way back. She’s been writing since her childhood and began writing a novel in high school, which she’s still working on today. She describes writing as cathartic and a passion that’s lasted her lifetime. She enjoys a good book as well, when she can find the time (she loves anything John Green).

But, she also likes to watch TV and go shopping — “even though I literally have no more room left in my closet.” Her favorite TV shows include Jane the Virgin (Team Rafael), The Bold Type, Riverdale, and more recently, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which she highly recommends.

She enjoys spending time with her friends, and feels a strong bond and passion towards her sorority, Tri Delta, for which she is the New Member Educator.

Writing isn’t Ally’s only longtime passion — she’s been in the color guard since eighth grade and is currently in the BU Marching Band.

Ally is looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas which she will spend with her family in their home. Christmas is her favorite holiday so, like a lot of people do, she started listening to Christmas music way before Halloween.

You can learn more about Ally and read some of her amazing articles here.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Anchita is a freshman at Boston University, studying business with a concentration in entrepreneurship. Her hobbies include reading and writing.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.