Making the Most of Your Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Winter in New England can be draining—the struggle of having to brave the face-stinging winds, the process of having to wear layers on layers of clothing to stay somewhat warm, and the commute to work or classes that seems comparable to a journey through Narnia. However, with weather channels constantly reporting potential snowstorms, that misery has the potential to be met with the excitement and joy of a snow day announcement. Although many people may feel the snow is barricading them inside for an even longer winter hibernation, take advantage of your snow day! Not only can you turn the storm into something fun, but you can also use a snow day as a perfect excuse to be productive.

Netflix Binge

A snow day is the only time you have a legitimate excuse to be lazy. Netflix has many one-season shows free to live stream—use this time to pick a new show and be allowed to indulge in watching more than one episode! Many Netflix original series have only 13 episodes and one season, so cuddle up with your friends or just have some necessary “me time.”

Baking

If you or your friends have a kitchen, spend your snow day baking all sorts of warm and delicious treats. Who doesn’t want to have some fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies as a distraction from the icy tundra outside!

Organize your room

One great way to spend your snow day is to organize everything in your dorm room that you “never have time to do on the weekends.” Think of a snow day as an additional Sunday—since you know you’ll be back to the books the next day, use the free time to do things you were too sleepy to do last weekend.

Sleep!

College has its own way of completely messing up your sleep cycle. Whether the cause is all-nighter papers or late nights on the town, use your snow day to catch up on some much needed z’s. More sleep means a healthier and more focused you. Your body will thank you!

Enjoy the snow and release your inner-child!

This is self-explanatory—if you do enjoy the snow, go sledding, build a snowman, or partake in one of the many inevitable snowball fights that will happen on campus. Make the most of the snow!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.