A List of Excuses to Avoid Going to the Gym This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

1.     The new episode of KUWTK is on at 9PM and you have to emotionally prepare yourself.

2.     All of your sports bras have mysteriously disappeared.

3.     Last weeks squats have left you immobile.

4.     You walked to class today instead of taking the bus.

5.     You ate a salad for lunch.

6.     You and your bed have fallen in love and you don’t want to piss it off by leaving it.

7.     You didn’t eat yet and you don’t want to faint.

8.     Similarly, you just ate and you don’t want to get a stomachache.

9.     You have sooo much homework *binge watches all six seasons of Sex and the City*

10.  That girl who works at the gym gave you a stink eye one time and you don’t need to be exposed to that kind of negative energy.

11.  There’s snow outside and there’s no snow inside your apartment.

12.  You’re too lazy to update your gym playlist and the most recent songs are from Avril Lavigne’s first album.

13.  The six hours you have in between class and going out leaves you with minimal time.

14.  There are no hot guys at the gym so what’s the point.

15.  There are too many hot guys at the gym and you don’t want to embarrass yourself.

16.  You’re cold so you want to shower now and you don’t want to have to shower again later.

17.  You’re really not in the mood to work out next to peppy girls in tight neon spandex (your friends will be understanding of this).

18.  You already changed out of your school/work attire and into your pajamas, and the effort put into doing that is equivalent to going to the gym.

19.  YOU’RE JUST LAZY AND YOU DON’T WANT TO GO

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis