This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Name: Kyle Schluns

Major: Astronomy & Physics

Hometown: Houston, TX

HerCampusBU: Where’s you’re favorite place to hang out in Boston?

Kyle Schluns: Either at a friend’s apartment or downtown Boston at the commons, North End, or Quincy Market.

HC: How are you involved on campus?

KS: I play for the Men’s Water Polo club for BU in the New England division for the first two months of fall. I am also in the process of starting a BU Surfing club where we will operate yearlong making frequent weekend trips to the beach to surf. You’d be surprised how huge the swells are in fall and winter when hurricanes continue to roll up the East Coast. I also really enjoy working with my astrophysics adviser, Dr. Andrew West. We are currently researching impacts of binary star systems on the evolution of our Milky Way galaxy.

HC: What would you like to do when you graduate?

KS: I’d like to attend graduate school on the West or East coast for astrophysics

HC: What’s your favorite music?

KS: I’m always listening to my favorite band Phish.

HC: Who is you’re role model?

KS: I look up mostly to my dad, admiring his work ethic.

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.