Justin Friedman ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Justin Max Friedman, a sophomore from Los Angeles, California, is passionate about music and environment. Currently in the College of General Studies with the intention of transferring into the College of Arts and Sciences to study environmental analysis and policy, Justin is excited to be starting a new school year at BU.

This campus cutie enjoys protecting the environment and being active in his community as much as possible. Justin began both this year and last year with FYSOP in the environment issue area, last year as freshman and this year as a staff member. When asked about his favorite part of the experience, Justin answered, “Everything. I love meeting new people, showing freshmen the city, and doing new things.” He looks forward to becoming increasingly involved with BU sustainability and other “green” efforts on campus.

While the environment is his main area of academic interest, Justin spends his free time enjoying his other passion, music. A self-professed lover of “too many types to name,” Justin frequently practices guitar, listens to varied genres of music, and works with his band, The Form.

After playing with the band Late Night Lights in Los Angeles for the last four years, Justin and another member created their own group, The Form. Justin says that “our new band came about organically and I’m really proud of what we’ve been able to put together.” Justin writes music and plays the guitar and the bass.

Post-graduation, Justin would love to make money making music but says, “it would also be cool to work for a company and help them be more environmentally conscious.” Regardless of what he ends of doing for living, Justin maintains that he wants to travel the world and always keep playing music.

As the year begins, this campus cutie can be found practicing his guitar outside when the weather is nice (Rare, in Boston), or in the CFA music rooms, walking along the Charles River esplanade (his favorite place in Boston), or eating at his favorite restaurant, The Blue Asia Cafe.

To learn more about Justin band, check out their website at http://www.facebook.com/theformmusic

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.