I Spent 48 Hours in Rhode Island—Here Are My Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I set myself free from the past few weeks filled with fast-paced schoolwork and took a spontaneous trip to Rhode Island while the weather was mild. Meandering down the streets, splurging on great coffee shops, and feeling the coolness from the gentle sea breeze, I feel myself strongly connected to the chill vibe of this cute little state, and don’t want to leave. If you also find yourself in Rhode Island, here are the places you must visit!

Brown University

Grabbing a book, I took a 2-hour sunbath at the Main Green. Call me immature, but my highlight of the day was pretending to be a Brown student finishing up my readings. I even ended up falling asleep on the soft, warm grass.

The Vault Collective

Strolling along and keeping my eyes peeled for expeditions of fashion, I decided to explore this vintage shop located in downtown Providence. It kept hefty collections ranging from the 90s all the way back to the late 1800s with reasonable prices and a decent quality of goods.

Rocket to Mars

Another vintage store that is worth checking out because of its vintage nature from the 60s to the 80s. Apart from clothes, I was astonished by its various other goods with industrial design, such as cups and utensils.

Sydney Providence

Hands down the best avocado toast in town! It’s a great Instagram-able spot to sit down and enjoy your breakfast.

The Shop

They surprised me with the chili flakes, lime, and salt toppings on the avocado toast. The combination was unexpectedly amazing that I wouldn’t even mind trying once more. There is beautiful sunlight coming through the windows, which just adds to your mood.

Schasteâ

This is a pretty tea room that serves premium loose-leaf tea and gourmet crepes. The Frozen Summit was delightful, with fresh flavors bursting in your mouth.

Newport Cliff Walk

Taking a 3.5-mile walk along the east coastline of Newport was a great exercise. I captured the peace and harmony from the environment, and the nature around me gradually dispelled all of my past pressure and anxiety.

The Breakers

When can I afford a mansion like this? Jokes aside, the interior design and all the exquisite furniture made me stupefied with admiration. Listening to the audio guide about the history of the Vanderbilt family, the tour was inspiring. My eyes couldn’t physically take in all the magnificence that I was witnessing.

Root

I’m not a Vegetarian, but their East Bowl was absolutely hitting all the right spots! If you are tired of all the seafood here and want to try something new and refreshing, don’t miss this plant-based restaurant in Newport!

The next time when you don’t feel like traveling far from Boston, come with your friend for a little drive and have a quality healing holiday!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Zhilan is a current sophomore at Boston University. Being an extroverted introvert, she loves to cook healthy food, explore aesthetic coffee shops, and read mysteries.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.