How to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Today’s the day! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, our city’s unofficial favorite holiday! Whether you’re Irish or not, you should be celebrating! Regardless if you missed yesterday’s huge citywide parade, are some fun ways you can join in the celebration like a true Bostonian!

Make a quick search on Pinterest for some fun and festive St Patrick’s Day recipes. Invite your best friends over to make them and enjoy everything you made together while watching your favorite St. Patrick’s Day movie (Luck of the Irish from Disney Channel way back in the day, anyone?) Don’t forget the green food coloring, and extra points if you can incorporate Lucky Charms cereal into whatever you make!

Find an Irish dance class to take with some friends somewhere in the city, and really get into the Irish spirit! No only is tons of fun, but it’s a great workout too. You’ll look pretty silly, so it’s spring a couple of good laughs!

If you’re 21, this one really goes without saying. Go on an Irish pub crawl through the South End, and drink like the Irish do! This calls for some Guinness and green beer! See if you can find the most authentically Irish spot in town.

And of course, how could anyone forget to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day? I think we put the myth of the pinching pint-sized leprechaun to bed years ago in elementary school, but this is a cute and simple way to celebrate. Paint your nails green, or throw on your favorite green sweater; there’s no need for anything obnoxiously clover-printed today. Remember, even a little bit counts!

How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Share with your fellow colliegettes in the comments section below! 

Devoted fan of ballet flats, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s," Italian desserts and pajama sets. Firm believer that I was Audrey Hepburn in my past life. Journalism sophomore at Boston University. Follow @hrh_victoria on Twitter.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.