Holiday Outfit Guide!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Holiday season is just around the corner and almost every store is now filled with sparkly and sequined covered clothing. But, don’t be overwhelmed by everything! What I like to do is have one focal point in the outfit and keep everything else a little tame. This way I can go crazy with one piece of clothing without looking like a holiday decoration.
[pagebreak]
One way to incorporate sparkles into your outfit is by a sequined skirt. The good thing about this H&M skirt is that it’s not all one color, making it a more versatile piece. To keep it simple it can be worn with any black top and sheer black tights. To spice it up try layering some silver and gold necklaces and bracelets.

H&M $19.95
[pagebreak]
The next skirt is a velvet skirt, which is huge this season! Try mixing this skirt with colored or patterned tights instead of plain black. This skirt in black would look great with burgundy tights.

Urban Oufitters $39
[pagebreak]
This last dress is a simple but elegant way to add some metallic sequins in your outfit. This dress would look great with just a few gold bangles!

Urban Outfitters $99

Remember don’t be afraid of all the sequins just keep it to one clothing piece at a time!

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.