Here’s What You Missed: Paris Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While you were living your life in Boston, Fashion Week was taking place in the city of love. Here’s what you missed…

Baby North Sat Front Row at Givenchy

Baby North West (aka Nori) is only one year old, and she’s already years ahead of you in the fashion world. A seat was reserved for “Mademoiselle North West,” (seen here) next to mommy and daddy, Kimye, and grandma, Kris.  Her and Kim wore matching “Mommy and Me” black sheer Givenchy dresses. With an outfit like that, we’re wondering who designs her diapers.

(Source: NYPost)

Chanel Has a “Feminist” Protest

As the finale in Chanel’s Paris runway show, Karl Lagerfeld staged a “feminist” protest with his model army marching down “Boulevard Chanel No.5.” The protest included models Kendall Jenner, Joan Smals, Gisele Bundchen, and Cara Delevinge marching with banners and shouting slogans like, “We Can Match the Machos,” and “Ladies Rights Are More Than Alright.” Some saw this as Karl joining forces with Emma Watson’s new gender equality campagin, HeForShe. Others saw this as Karl (indirectly) saying that this real-world protest is a “trend.”

(Source: QZ.com)

Karl Lagerfeld Is a Barbie

Mattel released a doll called Barbie Lagerfeld on September 29, and sold out that day! Only 999 units were sold, at $200 a pop. This doll is dressed in a head-to-toe look based on Karl’s iconic uniform: white collared shirt, a black blazer, black skinny pants, black sunglasses, chain necklaces, and fingerless gloves. If you want to get your hands on one, head over to eBay, but be prepared: prices are jacked up, some at $3,500!

(Source: indonesia.style.com)

Hi, I’m Cristina! I study Computer Science. My favorite past time is shopping; the newest item on my wish-list is a beautiful pair of Manolo’s. I am a human being, so naturally I like music, comedy and making mistakes. There’s nothing more I hate than a chipped manicure, and nothing more I love than Marvel movies. I shower regularly.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.