Grace’s Playlist for When You Are Feeling: Ready for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

One of my favorite hobbies is making playlists for every possible mood. This semester, I am creating a running series where I create playlists for different moods and feelings. Since fall, my favorite season, is finally here, I thought it was only fitting to create a fall playlist! 

All too well – taylor swift

Starting off strong with one my the most iconic Taylor Swift songs. The whole Red album screams fall vibes, but All Too Well is one of the most autumnal songs off the album and in her discography. I know I am already going to start preparing for Red (Taylor’s Version) now by listening to all the songs off Red.

the adults are talking – the strokes

For some reason, this song reminds me of going back to school. It has a very nostalgic feeling, and I tend to feel very nostalgic in the fall. Therefore, I thought it would be the perfect addition to this fall playlist. 

no idea – don

It is now a well-known fact that this track is reminiscent of fall. It brings me back to my freshman year here at BU. This song is very different from the other on this playlist; however, it just needed to be included. 

sofia – clairo

This song honestly matches any season, but it reminds me of fall. It also happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time. 

friend – gracie abrams

I tend to listen to sad songs during the fall, and Gracie Abrams is one of my favorite artists for sad songs. “Friend” is the perfect slow song to listen to when the weather gets a little colder. Her entire discography is full of sad songs that are perfect for any fall day. 

i could use a love song – maren morris

I am not usually a fan of country music, but I have been obsessed with this song since it came out. It happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time. Maren’s music is a great bridge between country and pop if you are not a fan of country music. This is another perfect sad song for a cool fall day. 

right where you left me – taylor swift

This track is the most recent Taylor release on this list and is off her album Evermore. I think “right where you left me” is one of Taylor’s best songs lyrically. The entire album, like her album Red, gives off fall and winter vibes.

sweater weather – the neighborhood

The Neighborhood is one of my favorite bands, and most of their songs remind me of that fall. This track, name and all, is perfect for when the leaves start to fall. 

gold rush – taylor swift

This is one of my all time favorite Taylor Swift songs. Like “Sofia”, this track is perfect for any season. Evermore, in its entirety, is a fall album, so this track is another perfect addition to any fall playlist. 

somebody else – the 1975

The 1975 is also one of my favorite bands. Like I said before, I am a big fan of listening to sad songs in the fall. This is one of my favorite sad songs and would be a great addition to any fall playlist — or just general sad playlist.

holy ground – taylor swift

This is the final Taylor Swift song on this list. “Holy Ground” is one of my favorite songs off Red. Like the other songs off the album, “Holy Ground” reminds me of walking while the autumn leaves are falling. 

Blocked Border 2?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Taylor Swift via TikTok
single – the 1975

The last song for this playlist is “Single.” This is another sad, yearning song that fits with the rest of the sad songs on this playlist. Like the other songs on this playlist, this track would also be a great addition to a sad playlist.

I hope you enjoyed this playlist and feel inspired to add some of these songs to your own fall playlist! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Ava is a pre-law senior at Boston University studying English with a minor in history. She loves traveling, drinking excessive amounts of hot chocolate, creative writing, and skydiving. You can find her on instagram @avazing !