This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This week’s New Music Friday Roundup is all about Taylor Swift’s new album Midnights, mostly because it is all I have been listening to. I have rounded up my top 10 favorite tracks from the album below. Keep reading to see which ones made my list. 

Anti-Hero

This song is one of Taylor’s most vulnerable songs of all time. The lyrics are self-deprecating, yet the beat is upbeat. It’s a great song to dance to or to complicate all your life choices to. It was written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

Snow on the beach (ft. lana del Rey)

This next track is one of the slowest songs on the list. It is also one of the many love songs dedicated to Taylor’s long-term boyfriend Joe Alwyn. While Lana Del Rey sadly does not have her own verse, you can still hear her influence in this mystical track. This song was written by Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, and Jack Antonoff.

you’re on your own, kid

“You’re On Your Own, Kid” has quickly become one of my all time favorite Taylor Swift songs. The bridge alone creates the most perfect feeling of nostalgia; it’s the type of nostalgia that helps you recognize where you have come from and where you want to go. It was written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

midnight rain

This song was my initial favorite off of the album when I listened to it on release night. The edgy vocals make this one of the more unique songs from Midnights. This track details the feeling of breaking a kind person’s heart to go off on your own. It was written by Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift.

question…?

This song reminds me of my all time favorite Taylor album, 1989. I have been the biggest fan of that album since it was released, so this track became an instant favorite of mine. It also samples her iconic 1989 track “Out of the Woods.” “Question…?” was written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

labyrinth

This song, like “Snow On The Beach,” is one of the slower songs on the album. “Labyrinth” was not one of my favorites upon first listen, but it has grown on me quickly. This track highlights the feeling of falling in love after thinking that you never would again. It was written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

karma

“Karma” has quickly become one of my favorite Taylor anthems. It has many of the same themes as her album Reputation, my second favorite Taylor album. “Karma” is all about karma being on your side. This track was written by Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff, Jahaan Sweet, Keanu Beats, and Sounwave.

mastermind

“Mastermind” is another song that has grown on me. This track is about knowing that you want to be with someone after first meeting them and doing whatever it takes to be with them. It was written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

the great war

The next two tracks are some of Taylor’s most vulnerable and emotionally charged tracks on the album. This song is about getting through a rough patch with a partner and not knowing if you will make it out together. It was written by Taylor Swift and Aaron Dessner.

would’ve, could’ve, should’ve

This song is the second part of Taylor’s song “Dear John.” Rumored to be about her relationship with John Mayer, this track is an inside look at how she views this relationship in hindsight and the longstanding trauma it has caused her. It was written by Taylor Swift and Aaron Dessner.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s Midnights themed New Music Friday Roundup. Come back in two weeks for my next roundup!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.