“Good Vibes” Host John Tiedtke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As a transfer student, it is John Tiedtke’s (COM ’14) first year on campus; however, this hasn’t stopped him from leaving his mark. As Film and Television major, Tiedtke has jumped right in and is actively pursuing his interests including screenwriting and post-production. He also hopes to take part in the Los Angeles study abroad program next year. “I don’t like being confined to one place,” Tiedtke says. “I want to branch out and try new opportunities.”

Tiedtke certainly isn’t afraid to go to new places; he took a courageous leap by transferring colleges from a college near Albany, NY called RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) to BU. Tiedtke is originally from Hanover, MA, so his academic move brings him much closer to home, where he is the eldest of four, making him “the leader of the clan.

Apart from his interest in film and TV, Tiedtke spends part of his time at WTBU. He hosts his own radio show called “Good Vibes,” which airs on Thursdays between midnight and 2 AM. Since it is a late timeslot, it is also prime homework time; therefore, Tiedtke likes to play a lot of “chill, laid-back” music, although he also likes to experiment with electronic or alternative.

Not only does Tiedtke have his own radio show, but he also plays guitar, piano, and loves to run. Tiedtke is currently single and likes people who “appreciate the arts… and have a positive outlook on life.” So, if you see Tiedtke around campus, make sure to say hi or strike up a conversation about his latest TV obsession, Breaking Bad.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."