Food Truck Fridays: Pennypackers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This week I visited probably one of the less well-known or at least talked-about food trucks on campus- Pennypackers.

There are two Pennypacker food trucks in Boston and the second one is located on our campus at BU central, on St. Mary’s Street, Monday through Friday from 10:30am until 3pm.

Not only does Pennypackers have two food trucks but it is also a fine foods company that provides catering services.

The menu offered on the truck changes daily, but they serve up everything from sandwiches to soups and salads and other specialty dishes throughout the week.

While the menu might not grab your attention at first glance, upon looking closer at the white board I found a few items that interested me. On the day I visited the food truck, Pennypackers was serving up Mushroom Barley Soup, Caesar Salad with chicken or steak, Cheddar & Pickled Apple Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Porchetta Sandwich and a Flank Steak Sandwich.

All of the selections on their menu were relatively affordable, priced from $4-$8.

I decided to order the Caesar salad with chicken and for only $6 it was a pretty good salad. The salad was perfectly dressed and had tons of shaved Parmesan cheese and thick croutons. The chicken was sliced thin over the salad and was juicy and flavorful.

Despite the crowd of about eight people ordering from the food truck, the service was prompt which is always great since I was grabbing the salad for lunch in between my classes, and overall Pennypacker’s salad was a good change up from other salads that I have had on campus. I would definitely be interested in going back to Pennypackers to try some of their sandwiches and soups.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."