Five Haunted Boston Attractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

By Gigi Fox

The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are changing color, and that Halloween essence will be wafting through the air before you know it. Fall has arrived, and there is no better place to be this season than Boston. Being among the most historic cities in the U.S. with its colonial past, Boston boasts countless haunted attractions. Listed below are the top five spooky spots to visit this month. Here is your chance to grab some friends or a date to hold close, and experience a fun-filled night of fright in the city we love!

#1 Ghosts and Gravestones of Boston:

Once you board this trolley for 90 minutes of “frightseeing,” there’s no turning back.  This tour takes you back in time through Boston’s history. Be prepared to visit the Granary Burying Ground, a 400-year-old graveyard and the resting place of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, John Hancock, and Paul Revere. Many accounts of paranormal activity have been reported here, including the sound of ghostly voices, the feeling of being watched, and inexplicable cold spots. This tour will also take you to the most haunted hotel in Boston, The Omni Parker House, where the Boston Strangler killed his last victim. These are just two chilling historic sites among others you’ll travel through on this tour.

200 Atlantic Avenue,

Boston, MA 02110

(866) 754-9136

An adult ticket is $39.90

Reservations are required.

#2: Witch’s Woods:

Prepare for a haunted hayride led by the grim reaper himself. You’ll be led through woods infested with demons, ghosts and other paranormal creatures waiting to pop out and grab you at any moment. Afterwards feel free to explore each of the four haunted houses on site where some of the spirits outdate the structures themselves: Nightmare Mansion, the Keeper’s Crypt, Horrorwood and Castle Morbid.

79 Powers Road

Westford, MA 01886

(978) 692-3033

Price: $30 per person

#3 Hysteria at Connors Farm:

Looking for something terrifying but funny? This “Screampark” offers three attractions you won’t want to pass up. The Haunted Farm’s walking trail leads you through an eerie forest brimming with haunts that stimulate all of your senses. Afterwards, lose yourself in the Flashlight Maze. This family friendly corn maze was ranked #1 on HauntWorld Magazine’s list of Top 13 Haunted Corn Mazes. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to find your way out! Finally, Zombie Paintball is a blast and is sure to keep you on your toes.

30 Valley Road, Danvers

(978) 739-4192

$25 for Signature Haunt,

$25 for Zombie Paintball

#4 Barrett’s Haunted Mansion: Darkness Unleashed:

This exclusive event runs for three nights only on October 18th, November 4th and November 5th from 7pm to 11pm. True to its name, this is one of the most petrifying haunted houses in which you are forced to find your way in the dark. All the while you’ll be bombarded by deranged clowns and sinister, in-your-face creatures of all kinds.

1235 Bedford St.,

Abington, MA 02351

(781) 871-4573

Tickets are $25 and cover all attractions.

#5 Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns:

This extraordinary fall event is scare-free and fun for people of all ages. From October 27th -30th, the Boston Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center will be lit up with 5,000 intricately hand-carved Jack O’Lanterns. Sculptors from all over have worked tirelessly to create a beautifully diverse display.

You must get your tickets in advance.

200 Seaport Boulevard

Boston, MA 02210

Tickets are $26 each

Enjoy these awesome events and get into the spooky spirit!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.