Fall for Bold Lips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fall season is finally in session! This means it’s time to switch over to the fall trends. This fall marks the start of dark and sexy vampy looks. To begin, a bold dark lip is much needed! Bold, purple berries and deep wines are the bes and boldest lipstick shades. A dramatic eye and a bold lip will get everyone’s attention. Try out some of these products and tipsto give yourself a different look this fall! And just remember: Have fun!!

Make sure to prep your lips!

You want your lips to be soft and smooth before applying any sort of lipstick. “Once you’ve allowed your lip balm to penetrate into the lips (usually 5 to 10 minutes), blot your lips a few times with a tissue. This will take off any excess lip balm before applying your lip color.” advises makeup artist Mai Quynh.

Define and make your lips more clean and crisp with lip liner and concealer!

Lining your lips first before applying will not only makes your lipstick stay longer but also makes it appear cleaner and more defined. Once you’ve applied your lipstick, go back with concealer and gently clean up the area around your mouth to give your lips a nice and sharp look.

Keep your color on all day and night with blotting paper!

Blotting your lips with these papers not only keeps the color on longer, but it keeps them off your teeth. Because the paper removed the emollients, it only leaves behind the pigments. Also, applying a light translucent powder keeps the color on your lips longer.

Keep it simple.

Usually with a dark lip, the rest of the face should be subtle and neutral- to give the lip more of a WOW factor. But no one ever said rockin’ a strong lip and eye makeup is a no-no.

1.     Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Divine Wine, $7.99

2.     Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte SPF15 in Forbidden, $55

3.     Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Collection in Walkyrie, $39

4.     Rimmel London Matte Finish Lipstick in 107, $6.47

5.     Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wine Not, $6.99

6.     Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Vamp It Up, $2.29

7.     NYX Matte Lipstick in Siren, $6.00

8.     Stila Color Balm Lipstick – Brights in Gemma, $30.47

9.     Mac Lipstick in Film Noir, $16.00

10.   Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Vintage Wine, $16.00