Everything You Need to Know About This Hockey Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When does the season start?

The 2014-2015 BU men’s hockey season starts officially on October 10th when the Terriers take on the Minutemen at UMass Amherst. But, the first home game will be the next weekend, October 18th against the U.S. 18 and under national team. BU had their preseason game this past weekend on October 4th and put on an impressive performance winning 12-1 against St. Thomas. Hopefully that huge win means great things for the upcoming season!

Where can I get tickets?

With an activated sports pass, you can pick up a free student ticket at the Agganis Arena Ticket Office just by showing your BU ID. Tickets become available in the beginning of the week (usually Monday) before the weekend’s game. The tickets are first-come first-serve and can get competitive! For a popular game like BU v. BC get to the ticket office right when it opens (10am) on the Monday before the game! If you’re friend is in class and you want to pick up a ticket for her too, bring her ID with you to be able to pick up both your ticket and hers.

When are the games?

The home games this season are all played on Fridays and Saturdays with the exception of Tuesday 11/25 and Sunday 1/18. BU is playing over 33 games including some big-time teams like Notre Dame, Michigan, and defending national champions, Union. BU also plays locally away at Harvard, BC, and Northeastern, which always make for fun “road trips”! For a full list of home and away games with dates and times check out the 2014-2015 schedule here: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bost/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/2014-15/schedule/schedule.pdf

Do I need to be a hockey expert?

Absolutely not! The games are fun for everyone whether or not you know anything about hockey. As long as you and your friends are standing, cheering, and wearing your scarlet and white, you’ll fit right in!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.