DIY Christmas Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

DIY Christmas Gifts

With finals looming, it’s unlikely that us collegiates will have ample time for Christmas shopping. The holiday is approaching faster than we realize, and our budgets are drained from a semester full of shopping trips, Starbucks lattes, and endless runs to City Co. While we cherish the times we have had this Fall semester, memories won’t buy our families and friends Christmas gifts. Luckily, DIY gifts can be more fun and memorable than anything store bought. Make someone you love a gift that they will cherish and remember forever. 

Embellished gloves

As winter approaches, the temperature is slowly dropping and the snow will be here before we know it. Keep your love ones warm with a pair of embellished gloves made by you!

You’ll Need: 

-A pair of gloves

-Rhinestones

-Jewelry Glue

Steps:

1. Set out your design on the gloves before you start gluing to find a pattern you like.

2. Put a small dab of glue on the back of each rhinestone, press down, and allow time for the glue to dry.

Instagram Coasters

No better way to remember memories with your friends than by putting them on coasters for you to relive every weekend!

You need:

-4×4 tiles

-Printed photos

-Modge Podge

-Paint Brush

Steps

1. Coat each tile with Modge Podge.

2. Place the photos on the tiles and let dry for an hour.

3. Coat the entire surface with Modge Podge.

Candy Cane Vodka

For those collegiates over 21, Candy Cane flavored vodka makes a great gift and spices up any Holiday party. 

You need:
Mason Jar 

-1 Cup of Candy Cane

-Bottle of preferred vodka

Steps

1. Add candy canes and vodka into the mason jar.

2. Seal the jar and let it sit for a day or two.

Baked Goods

Who doesn’t love treats during the holidays? Show everyone you care by taking the time out to bake them something special. Grab your friends and make it a whole cookie-baking day. 

Melted Snowman Cookies

You Need:

-Sugar Cookies (store bought or your favorite recipe)

-White Icing

-Marshmallows

-Food Coloring

-Sprinkles

Steps

1. Spread icing across cookie to make the body of the snowman

2. Stick a marshmallow (slightly brown them in the oven for 3 minutes for the best effect) on top for the head

3. Decorate as you wish with food coloring or sprinkles

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.