This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ah, yes, f***boys. They’re just so wonderful, aren’t they? They make you feel things and then they play jokes on you. For example, when they just feel like ghosting you and you’re like, “Wow, I was dumb” or “Why did I do that?” I find that Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove does a very good job of explaining the process of dealing with f***boys, so here we go.

1. Getting ready for the ride.

So, you meet a boy and he seems nice, but you’re skeptical. He starts showing f***boy symptoms and you get ready for the ride. (Notice how excited he is and how unenthusiastic you are.)

2. When you think you have the upper hand.

There comes a moment when you think, “Oh, I’ve dealt with this before. I can handle this. I have the upper hand and he doesn’t know that.” Well, let me tell you, you are very wrong.

3. Looking fabulous.

You think, “I’m gonna look hot, be funny, and he’s just gonna love me. It’ll all be fine and he won’t screw me over.” Yikes.

4. When they prove just how stupid they are.

You start to realize just what you’ve gotten yourself into, and it becomes very obvious that this is not going to go as smoothly as you’d planned.

5. Headaches.

This is where the fun really begins. You begin to question why you’re putting yourself through this. Is he really worth it? Can he change? Why do I do this to myself?

6. Listening to his excuses/pickup lines.

It’s always interesting to see what excuse f***boys come up with for that Snapchat of them with a girl at a party, or the reason they can’t make it to dinner at the last minute. Even better is listening to the pickup lines they use when they’re apologizing; watching them try to be charming when all you want to do is scream.

7. Punishment.

The frustration finally comes to a head, and you just want to scream and punch a pillow. Everyone has their limits and you have reached yours.

8. Starting the process all over again…

(Oh boy.)

9. Because as much as we hate them we really love them and can’t stay away from them.

At least we’re prepared for next time.

I figured a fun article was appropriate, as we just went through Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, many of us are dealing with these types of boys. I promise they grow out of it and you’ll find a good boy, just be patient!

Hi, I'm Arianna! I'm a senior at Boston University majoring in journalism. I love cats, food, hockey, and anything beauty related. I write about "How to College" and what has helped me in my transition process from tiny high school to huge university. I hope you enjoy!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.