This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A cupcake is not just a cupcake. It’s a reward for getting an A on your last Bio exam. It’s a cheat treat, because you spent that extra 15 minutes on the elliptical at FitRec yesterday. It’s a remedy for a painful break up coupled with reruns of Gilmore Girls and Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me” on repeat.

So make it a good one. Follow our #CupcakeQuest to sniff out the sweetest reward, the perfect treat, and the most distractingly delicious remedy within our often lazy college student reach. Follow @hercampusbu on instagram for future #CupcakeQuest findings!

1. Georgetown Cupcakes

83 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116

It’s a gimme. Georgetown Cupcakes not only masters the delectable delight of the small, sweet cake but has also perfected the presentation. Dedicated solely to cupcakes, the establishment cranks them out by the hundreds, each one looking more appetizing than the next. Follow @georgetowncupcakes on twitter to check the FREE Cupcake of the Day flavors! But don’t plan on getting one if you show up after 1pm, because there are apparently a lot of A’s, cheat meals, and break up victims that will beat you to it.

What to Get:

1.     Peanut Butter Fudge: A personal favorite, the peanut butter fudge cupcake delights with a melted fudge center that pours out on the first bite, accented with perfectly potent peanut butter frosting.

2.     Chocolate Ganache: The perfectly coated cupcake that shines with a chocolate shell, topped with a tiny sugar flower for the perfect color accent.

2. George Sherman Union

775 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215

Whoever George is, he’s getting it right in terms of cupcake creations. A surprising choice for local cupcake spots, the GSU of BU offers a variety of cupcakes in the refrigerated foods bar—and incredibly delicious ones at that. Stop by on your way home from class!

What to Get:

1.     Red Velvet: nothing beats a classic red velvet cupcake with creamcheese frosting. But it’s got to be a good one if it’s going to satiate our cupcake needs! Equipped with a decorated white chocolate square, this red velvet cupcake more than does the job.

2.     Double Chocolate: impossible to resist. Good for bad days. It has one of those chocolate swirl sticks too!

3. Party Favors

1356 Beacon St, Brookline, MA 02446

Party Favors is an award-winning, full service party store and bakery in Brookline. The unique choice, Party Favors specializes in intricately customized cakes and treats for fun affairs, carrying this fun over into the everyday choices the establishment offers. This choice is perfect for a breezy autumn walk to Coolidge Corner, a hip Beantown spot. Also—if you’re a cupcake fanatic, check out their awesome creations on the site: www.partyfavorsbrookline.com

What to Get:

UP TO YOU! Scope out the whimsical cupcakes for yourself, and choose the character/design/frosting creation that best suits your mood or personality. The fun of custom cupcakes is not just in the taste, but also in the choice.

Happy Cupcake Consuming!

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/julia-buckley/99/27b/1b9