This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

These two stylish students nailed the whole “effortless style” look. They’re neither too trendy nor too “schlumpy,” as my Jewish Grandmother says. The layering technique is key, and both Anna Fuches (CAS Grad) and Nicole Luna (COM ’12) opted for a peak-a-boo open vest under their coats. Anna’s neon-fringed scarf immediately caught my eye, which I sadly learned is all the way from her home, Denmark. Her super cool black vest with silver studs along the sides is from “that pink boutique on Charles Street in Beacon Hill,” which I am assuming is Crush Boutique (131 Charles Street).  The cell phone purse worn around her neck is totally techno-chic. Nicole Luna’s getup consists of the coveted military-inspired army green jacket from LF, sweater also from LF, t-shirt from an L.A. boutique, jeans from Urban Outfitters, shoes from Uncle Pete’s (125 Charles Street), and a Converse bag. I now have two Charles Street shopping destinations!

Lindsey Reese is a sophomore at Boston University majoring in Print Journalism with a minor in International Relations. Hailing from down south in Waco, Texas, Lindsey decided to take the first opportunity to experience the city life in Boston. She developed a love for other cultures and saw Boston as the perfect playground for discovering new people and backgrounds. Lindsey enjoys marketing in the Public Relations Student Society of America, working for BUTV, and being a member of Alpha Epsilon Phi. Homework and clubs don't stop her from enjoying an occasional Friends marathon or going out for fro-yo with her roommates. The future holds many promises, but Lindsey has her sights on a specific dream: writing for Vogue or InStyle. Graduation might be years away, but Lindsey is ready to hit the pavement next semester looking for internships at local magazines.