roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Coffee Drinks for Non-Coffee Drinkers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I don’t drink coffee, but sometimes I gotta get myself caffeinated in times of stress. Here are some of my favorite coffee drinks that aren’t too bitter so I can still enjoy! As a chocolate lover with a sweet tooth, I love these and actually get these almost every day. Also, you can get these drinks pretty much at any café, but these are my favorite cafés to get that certain drink at.

Mocha Frappucino from Starbucks

Starbucks is known for their frappuccinos, and this one’s a classic. It’s super chocolatey and icey, but still has enough caffeine to keep me awake!

Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks

As a non-coffee drinker, I love cold brews. The Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew is a good mix of both a sweet and bitter coffee taste. Unlike other blended beverages, cold brew drinks are topped off with cream and sugar and not loaded with it.

Death Cream from Pavement Coffeehouse

Similar to the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks, the Death Cream at Pavement is a good mix of sweetness with a kick of coffee; although I think the Death Cream drink at Pavement can be too sweet sometimes. You can also add maple flavor for the fall season!

Iced Latte from Pavement Coffeehouse

Another fave of mine from Pavement is their iced lattes. Personally, I like getting it with oat milk to make it thicker. Sometimes it can be too bitter for my taste, but you could definitely add sugar! You could also add flavors like vanilla to make it sweeter. You can never go wrong with an iced latte.

Mocha from Caffe Nero

Mochas are good anywhere, but I really like the ones from Caffe Nero. When it’s cold out, I like getting a small hot mocha. It’s just enough caffeine that I can handle. When it’s warm I like to get the Mocha Frappe Latte drink which is super icey, like a Starbucks frappucino. Mochas are a classic for chocolate and coffee lovers.

As college students, it can be difficult to stay awake all day every day, so sometimes you just gotta get a tiny dose of coffee, even if you don’t drink it on the daily! These drinks are tasty but still a great introduction to the bitter coffee taste.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Caele (pronounced Kay-lee) is a senior at Boston University studying Advertising and Spanish. She loves books, film, music, photography, food, traveling, fashion, and beauty. Before COVID-19, you could usually find her on the MBTA or in a coffee shop.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.