BU Vagina Monologues 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear? If your vagina could talk, what would it say?

Bet you never thought about those questions before. Well, if you’re struggling to think of answers, you’re not alone. These are questions that most likely would never in a million years come up in every day conversation.

Except for the women who were interviewed by Eve Ensler in 1996, whose interviews have become an award-winning monologue series. The Vagina Monologues has raised over $100 million for groups that work to end discrimination and violence against women since its debut in 1996.  When you come to see the Boston University Athena Players’ production of the Vagina Monologues this weekend, you’ll get to here some of the most hilarious, outrageous and genuine answers to those questions. You will sit in a chair and experience a journey through the stories of these women, stories we can all relate to in some form or another. You’ll laugh and cry and sit in awe at moments.

“First performing and now directing this show have been highlights of my college career,” says director, Daniella Siedl, COM ’16. “These monologues speak to the world and I’m so proud to be a part of this production and this movement.”

The Vagina Monologues is a brilliantly crafted show that benefits and fights for an essential cause. Boston University’s production will be at 7 pm Friday Feb. 20 and at 2 pm and 7pm on Saturday Feb. 21. Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for general admission . All proceeds will benefit The Fenix House, a Boston-based shelter for battered and abused women and children.  For more information, visit the V-Day homepage, http://www.vday.org/

Tickets can be bought at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vagina-monologues-spring-2015-tickets-15760908301

Peace. Love. Vaginas

Caroline is a junior ('16) at Boston University studying Public Relations with a concentration in Women's Studies. When she was little she taught herself how to play the french horn and then promptly forgot. You can find her people-watching on the esplanade, getting her downward dog on at Sweat & Soul Yoga or engaging in high-intelligence internet content such as corgi GIFs and Lady Gaga's Twitter account. If you make strong coffee, then you have rights to automatic friendship status. Tweet at Caroline and make her day! @caroline_mary6
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis