The Best BU Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Everyone on campus knows the BU memes page has been great lately, so why not take some of the best on-campus jokes and turn them into amazing and hilarious Halloween costumes!

1. Sleeper Hall 

Get two of your friends to play the part of Claflin and Rich, and secure the honor of being Sleeper Hall for yourself. Be creative with some cardboard boxes, but make sure to throw a bunch of fire and flames on your own costume! We all know Sleeper Hall catches on fire way too often, so this costume is very relevant at BU.

2. CGS

For this costume, you will need to dress up like you would when you were in daycare and maybe even carry around some arts and crafts supplies for an added touch! It is the College of Crayons, Glue, and Scissors for a reason, after all.

3. President Brown 

Good old President Brown is the perfect choice for your Halloween costume! Be sure to wear an oversized gray suit, oversized glasses, oversized white mustache, and carry around an oversized briefcase that for some reason is on wheels! Just try not to make this costume too accurate, because you might be turned away from some parties if the frat boys think you’re the real thing!

4. Questrom 

Questrom School of Business is one of the easier schools to dress up as, because all you need is a giant snake costume! To take this costume to the next level, dress the snake up with a full suit and tie and hand out your business cards to everyone you know. There is no wrong time to network, after all.

5. Rhett the Terrier 

We all know how easy it would be to dress up as a dog, but Rhett is no ordinary dog. For this costume, you need to be a Boston Terrier with drooping eyelids, your tongue always hanging out, as well as slightly overweight. Bonus points if you start panting after walking five feet and have one of your friends dress up as the creepy guy who walks Rhett!

6. WCEHD 

WCEHD is also known as the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development, and you’ve probably heard many things about this controversial merger. Get one of your friends to dress up in a Wheelock Shirt, and you can put on your BU shirt, then handcuff yourselves together! To take things up a notch, sew the shirts into one big shirt so you and your friend become fully merged.

So there you have it! These are the best BU-inspired Halloween costumes for 2017.

Julia Novello is a Film and Television major at Boston University, with a minor in Political Science. Her interests include writing, pop culture, binge watching Friends, politics, travelling, and everything to do with Tom Brady. She is a native of Boston, MA.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.