Style > Beauty

Beauty Buzz: Starting Fresh with Dry Shampoos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ever wish you had more time in your day to do the simplest of things? Well unfortunately for us we can’t add hours to our days when we need them, but there are things we can do to save time. Dry shampoo is one of those time savers that seem to be heaven sent when you need to get rid of some extra oil in your hair but have no time to wash and dry your hair. Check out some of these great little time savers!

Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo To Go – Sephora ($11.00)

This is the perfect dry shampoo to use post-gym. If you know you won’t have time to run back to your dorm and wash your hair, just use this product, and it’ll leave your hair feeling clean and smelling AMAZING!

Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo – CVS ($5.99)

If you’re looking for something to keep your hair looking, feeling and smelling great between washes, this is the perfect option. With a great array of options to choose from, this line will keep your hair from ever looking greasy and even gives some volume. And with its price-tag, why not give it a try!?

Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo – Ulta.com ($17.50)

If you’ve ever used Big Sexy Hair products, you know that the brand name doesn’t lie. This dry shampoo is a great product in between washes and will leave your hair with a little more bounce than before.

Johnson’s Baby Powder

Yes, you read that correctly. If you’re in a rush, or just don’t want to invest in some dry shampoo, baby powder can work as a DIY dry shampoo. Apply very carefully (and sparingly) to your roots and brush it out. The talc works best on blonde, or light brown hair, but brunettes shouldn’t be afraid to give it a try as well!

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.