This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Have you ever wondered about all of the cool people who have graduated from BU?  With about 18,000 undergrads, who knows all of the noteworthy and influential people that could be walking down Comm Ave as we speak!  One of the most impressive parts about Boston University is all of its amazing alumni, something that students and facility pride themselves on. Starting as undergrads just like us, these alumni used their education here to be a part of some pretty incredible things.  Though impossible to name them all, here are a few extremely influential people you probably never knew went to BU!     

Julianne Moore CFA ’83

The beyond talented Julianne Moore, graduated from BU’s CFA in 1983 and continued to have an extremely successful career as an actress.  Some of her more popular movies include, “The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 1”, “Crazy, Stupid, Love”, “Laws of Attraction”, and “The Kids Are Alright”. 

John Belsito SMG ’82           

You know that Snapple bottle you’re holding in your hand?  The President and former CEO of Snapple, John Belsito, graduated from our very own SMG in 1982.

Andy Cohen COM ’90

For those obsessed with Bravo, you know Andy Cohen most for his TV show, Watch What Happens: Live.  Along with having his own show on the Bravo Network, Andy Cohen is also the senior vice president of original programming and development at Bravo TV. 

Mitchell B. Modell SMG ’76

Modell’s Sporting Goods is a sports retail chain in the Northeastern United States. Selling everything from equipment, to sports attire, and shoes, this store can appease all of your sports needs.  In 1976, the President and CEO of Modell’s, Mitchell B. Modell graduated from SMG.

Jonathan Goldsmith CGS ’58

Jonathan Goldsmith graduated from The College of General Studies in 1958.  Doubling as “The Most Interesting Man In the World”, he is the face of the ongoing ad campaign for Dos Equis beer. Along with this, Goldsmith is an actor in movies like “Go Tell the Spartans” and “Hang ‘Em High”.

Mr. John David Osher CAS ’71

Not only did Mr. Osher develop the Crest SpinBrush along with many other consumer products, he is also a Tony Award winning Broadway producer for his work with shows like Hairspray and Little Shop of Horrors.

Edward Brooke School of Law ’48

Edward Brooke, graduate of the School of Law in 1948, was the first African American man to be elected into the U.S. Senate by popular vote and the only African American man to represent the state of Massachusetts in the U.S. Congress. 

Martin Luther King, Jr. STH ’55

Martin Luther King, Jr. earned his Ph.D in systematic theology in 1955.  One of the most influential members in the history of our country, Martin Luther King, Jr. is remembered for his “I have a Dream” speech and work towards creating equality and peace.  King’s legacy is highly regarded throughout the university.  In front of the chapel on Marsh Plaza is a sculpture created as a tribute to his famous words, Free At Last.

It is reassuring to know that all of these amazing people who have done such different things in their lives all started in the same place, Boston University.  Achieving success and becoming an inspiration like these alumni have is possible, and our experiences here at BU are just the beginning of it.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.