The ABCs of Boston: A View, a Comedy, and a Light Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

View from the Prudential Tower
50 floors above Boston, the Skywalk Observatory is located in the Prudential Center and offers a breathtaking 360-degree panoramic view of Boston and beyond.  Seeing Boston from the Skywalk Observatory is such a unique experience and could be a nice break from the end of the semester and finals.  There is also a discounted student rate which makes the view all that more spectacular.  You can even see a bird’s eye view of BU’s campus!  Take the elevator two floors up and you find yourself at the Top of the Hub Restaurant and Lounge for a one-of-a-kind dining experience. 

Wilbur Theatre

Built in 1914 the Wilbur Theatre is the ultimate spot for comedy and music in Boston.  Just this past weekend both Joel McHale and Seth Meyers hosted comedy shows at the Wilbur Theatre.  According to its website, the Wilbur Theatre “is a must for anyone looking to kick back and have a good laugh or catch top national live music in the heart of Boston’s historic theater district.”

eXhibit at the Museum of Science Boston

Cosmic Light is a new permanent exhibit that has just been added to the Museum of Science.  The exhibit offers hands-on exploration of the Milky Way Galaxy. Through a large-scale model of the sun, visitors can see how the position of the planets would map out in the greater Boston area.  The Museum of Science is a fun place to explore beyond the classroom and with a number of exhibits opening throughout the summer there will be plenty to explore come fall.  So on a free afternoon stop by the Museum of Science to check out the new exhibits and then head on over for lunch and more exploration in the North End at one of the other ABC spots! 

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.