A Beginner’s Guide to Coolidge Corner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Located in the heart of Brookline, Coolidge Corner is a mystery to many newcomers. The corner remains a hub for not only Brookline residents but many college students as well.

Whether you are looking for a new place to study, a night out with friends, or simply a fun activity, Coolidge Corner has something for everyone. 

Brookline Booksmith

If you haven’t visited Brookline Booksmith yet, autumn is the perfect time to.

Stepping into this bookstore feels like a warm hug. You can easily spend hours going through its diverse selection of books. The cozy ambiance and alluring window display will inspire you to explore beyond just your favorite genres. 

Coolidge Corner Theater 

A trip to Coolidge Corner isn’t complete without visiting the Coolidge Corner Theater.

This independent nonprofit theater remains a beloved landmark to many. Its retro aesthetic and embellished lights will transport you back in time.

Whether you’re a cinema enthusiast or not, it is a must-visit. It shows both independent and big-name films. 

Trader Joe’s 
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

A trip to Trader Joe’s is not just a grocery store errand; it’s an experience.

Unlike other grocery store chains, its welcoming environment feels like home. Its wide variety of produce, snacks, and spices makes it a convenient one-stop trip for everything you need in your pantry.

Buffalo Exchange

Whether you are searching for the perfect vintage jacket to complete your fall ‘fit or just feel like browsing the racks, Buffalo Exchange is full of spectacular finds for second-hand shopping lovers. The shop’s diverse range of clothing makes sure there’s something for everyone. 

Tatte
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Alex Frank / Spoon

Tatte is a bakery chain that got its start in Boston. It makes a great brunch spot and the perfect study destination.

From Shashukas to breakfast sandwiches, they offer a wide variety of comfort food for your enjoyment. The bustling atmosphere makes it a great place to sit down, study, and people watch. 

This list only scratches the surface of the wonderful shops, cafés, and restaurants that call Coolidge Corner home, so go explore this little slice of Boston!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Fran is a senior studying Public Relations at Boston University.