The 8 Worst Movies to Watch When You Netflix and Chill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the weather getting colder and the nights getting longer, colligettes everywhere are in the midst of prime Netflix and Chill season. It seems like a simple date— just pull up Netflix, play any movie, and let the…chilling… begin. But what if you pick the wrong movie? Her Campus is here with a few titles guaranteed to make you not want to chill any time soon. So read on carefully to avoid these Netflix and Chill downers, or view on at your own discretion! 

1. Heathers

Heathers is a great movie to watch. It is funny and dark, but something about a couple teaming up to kill the popular kids in high school spoils the mood. Good for Netflix, bad for chill.

2.) The Human Centipede

This one almost needs no explanation. The thought of people being sewn together to make a human centipede is almost enough to make us vomit. This is without a doubt one of the worst movies to watch for any kind of romantic situation.

3.) What To Expect When You’re Expecting

This movie is a different brand of horror. There may be few things more terrifying to a young colligette than the prospect of becoming a mother before graduation. Show this to your date and both of you will want to remain an arms length away from each other.

4.) An Inconvenient Truth

Nothing quite kills the mood like the fact that our climate is slowly self-destructing.

5.) Sharknado

This one is a mixed bag. On the one hand, it is possibly one of the worst movies ever made, and on the other, it’s so bad it’s almost funny. Regardless, Sharknado is a poor Netflix and Chill choice.

6.) Sharkboy and Lavagirl (Or other childhood “classics”) 

Kids movies are always a bad idea when trying to seduce your date because you will feel like you are ruining your childhood. This one is especially a bad idea because it is a reminder that your man is not Taylor Lautner, and that is just disappointing.

7.) American Psycho

This one is similar to Heathers in that it is a dark comedy, but has the same problem. Watching Christian Bale violently murder people is slightly off putting, and can kind of put a damper on the evening.

8.) Teeth

This is hands down the worst movie to watch when engaging in Netflix and Chill. All it really takes is one glance at the synopsis and you will want to cringe forever. She has teeth WHERE? Nope nope nope nope!

Sophie is a junior at Boston University studying Psychology and Education. When she isn't memorizing parts of the brain or writing papers on the philosophies of teaching, she likes to dance, shop, and obsess over her pet rabbit.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.