There’s a lot of good things about being in college, but there’s some kind of simple joy in being 6 that never seems to lose its appeal, especially in the uncertain times of today. If you’re in college right now, there’s a good chance you were a kid in the 2000s. Here are some memories of the decade that was a simpler time for us (especially the fashion):
- Learning how to use Windows XP so you could go on Webkinz World and Club Penguin.
How exciting the internet felt in 2006.
- Printing out MapQuest directions for your parents.
Maybe you could then sneak a few extra minutes on the computer.
- Waiting in line at the book fair for the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.
Watch out for The Cheese Touch on the way back to the classroom!
- Wishing you could be on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Judging by the amount the adults remembered, did we all just peak in fifth grade?
- Accessorizing every outfit with Livestrong bracelets.
Don’t forget the charms on your Crocs that brought out the hints of neon yellow in the bracelets!
- Begging for a DS around the holidays.
Then awkwardly staring into space while your friends played with them if you didn’t get one.
- Going to midnight release parties for the new Harry Potter book.
Or being told you were too young to read them.
- Wishing you were older so you could get a Myspace and Razr phone and have your own High School Musical experience.
How times changed by the time you made it to that point…
The 2000s were a crazy time when everyone was still finding their footing in the new millennium. I can’t believe it’s already been two decades…