This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The tangy smell of pumpkin spice latte evokes memories of fall that are filled with festivity and excitement. As a big fan of fall, I’ve always cherished the short, yet beautiful, period of time, as it has always brought me so much joy. Come along with me and explore ways to “fall” in love!

Go Hiking in the White Mountains 

When it comes to fall foliage, the White Mountains, located in New Hampshire, will always be on the top of the list. No matter whether you like to go hiking, camping, fishing, rafting, or just simply soaking up the last bit of the sunshine and multicolored maple views, you won’t want to leave. If you are not as much of an outdoor enthusiast, you can take a tour of the Mount Washington Cog Railway. A journey with the vintage steam trains is likely to magically slow your roll, and make you immersed in the calm and pure nature.

Improve Your Cooking Skills With New Pumpkin Recipies 

Hope you have had a thriving kitchen situation since the beginning of the pandemic. But, if you are still on your journey of figuring out how to feed yourself in a way that is as satisfying as the restaurants, don’t worry, it’s never too late to practice! Pumpkin pies, pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin porridge……all of the best food from around the world has a place for pumpkin flavor in your palette! Bonus – you can finally use those pumpkin remains after carving pumpkins for Halloween!

Give Yourself a Fall Manicure

Burgundy, berry, rustic brown……there are many warm hues that you can choose from for fall. Why not order some nail products and open your first small nail salon at home? You can get a ton of inspirations through online posts of other nail salons. Don’t be afraid to improvise a little bit so that you can try your own nail designs!

Pick up a Mystery Novel 

Do you want a cozy late night in? Nothing is more laid-back than cracking open a book with a cup of soothing tea or coffee nearby. It’s time to unplug and unwind yourself with some classic literature or some modern horror mysteries. Great authors such as Dan Brown, Agatha Christie, and Gillian Flynn can all give you a lingering brain-twister that even haunts you in your dreams. 

Experiment with a New Makeup Look 

After those overwhelming midterm grinds, you are probably scrolling on online shopping pages, trying to treat yourself a little bit. Well, it’s about time to splurge on a couple of the latest eyeshadow palettes or lipsticks and come up with your creative (or spooky) fall look. Once you get all made up, get out of the house and take some Instagram-worthy pictures!

Knit a Sweater or a Scarf

I can still remember the image of my grandmother knitting a sweater with my name on it, which was super sweet for 4-year-old me. If you have the chance to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with your family back home, knitting each other scarves or sweaters can be a great way to spend some quality time together and create unforgettable memories.

Go for a Fall Bicycle Ride

Whenever you feel like you need some fresh air, just bundle up, search for some cycling routes around the city, and go for it! During a late sunny afternoon, you will probably witness the marvelous sunset glow shrouding the buildings, trees, and cars. Take a moment to seize the beauty with your eyes or camera, and listen to the crunchy sounds when pedaling over piles of leaves!

Fall always passes by so quickly. So, when you read this article while curling up in bed, remember to make yourself a fall checklist to do something fun soon!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Zhilan is a current sophomore at Boston University. Being an extroverted introvert, she loves to cook healthy food, explore aesthetic coffee shops, and read mysteries.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.