The 7 Stages of Your High School Bestie Visiting You at College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

One of the most exciting parts of college is sharing your experiences with your high school besties at different schools. Whether it’s exchanging Snapchats of your night out or keeping a constant feed of gossip in your group chat, you’re always sharing stories about college life.  So, inevitably, finding out that one of your besties is coming to visit you on campus is beyond exciting!  There’s endless amounts of bonding, partying, and Insta photos to take—and so little time! Here are the seven stages every collegiette goes through when their best friend comes to visit her at college.   

1. Anticipating Her Arrival 

Before your best friend has even arrived, you’re already prepared for her Uber to arrive at your dorm.  If she’s coming on Friday, you’ve already started talking about her to your college friends nonstop since Monday morning. Not to mention the countdown with your bestie that you update every day before she arrives!  

2. Greeting Your Bestie With Open Arms 

The second your best friend arrives on campus, you’ve screamed, hugged, and started talking a mile a minute.  As you’re taking her up to your room, you can’t even believe she’s here, and that you have an entire weekend to relive all of your high school shenanigans! 

3. Planning Out Her Entire Visit 

She’s just arrived and already it feels like you have such a short time together. Luckily, you’ve already got a jam-packed itinerary of the parties, restaurants, shops, and sports games you have to go to before she leaves!  Sure, it may be a sleepless weekend, but you have to get the full college experience with your best friend! 

4. Introducing Her to Your College Friends 

It feels like ultimate #squadgoals when your high school bestie meets your college friends. Before you know it, you’re all in the dining hall as the two of you share stories from high school and entertain your new friends with what you were like pre-college.   

5. Going to your First College Party Together 

You’ve officially graduated from your high school Friday nights, and you and your bestie are entering the college party scene like a dynamic duo. As you dance the night away, you can’t help but think about how amazing it would have been if the two of you had gone to the same school. But then you remember that when you do get together, the experience is twice as fun! 

6. Late-Night Bonding Time 

After you’ve put on your pj’s and ordered your late-night pizza, the two of you finally have time to chill out, reminisce about the past, and talk about all the up’s and down’s so far of your college experience. It’s the perfect reminder that your friendship is forever.   

7. Saying Goodbye  

Of course, it’s not actually goodbye, just see ya later. After all, any friend that makes the trip to your college town isn’t going anywhere.  It’s definitely sad to see your best friend leave, especially after remembering how much fun the two if you can have have together, but at least you have another memory for the books. The best part is now it’s your turn to go visit her! 

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.