courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Reasons Why Everyone Should Go on a Girls’ Trip This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Last summer, my three best friends and I kicked off our festivities with a girls’ trip to Mexico! It was short and sweet but much needed. We went to an all-inclusive resort in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for five days, and it was the best decision we ever made as a group. Looking back at it now, it was the most relaxing week of the summer. I was constantly surrounded by beautiful weather and sandy beaches. Since I can’t wait for this summer, I have compiled a list of seven reasons why everyone should go on an all-inclusive girls’ trip this summer. 

1. Beautiful water and sandy beaches. 

Nothing says summer like a beautiful beach! My favorite part about an all-inclusive resort is the beach that is only a few steps away and some of the most beautiful water in the world. Personally, I am a beach person who loves sand on my feet and salt in my hair. I wouldn’t trade that feeling for the world.

2. Everyone needs some time away with their best friends. 

The best way to relax is to lie on a beach with the people you love the most. No talking. No responsibility. No care in the world! Hands down the best part of my trip was just being with my friends in a happy state of mind, leaving all our worries and complaints at home.

3. Morning mimosas.

The bottomless drinks were definitely a highlight of the week! With so many options, I don’t even think we were able to try them all! If you don’t like alcohol, ask for a virgin! There is also a bar everywhere you look at most resorts, so you never have an excuse to be dehydrated either!

4. All-you-can-eat buffets. 

So. Much. Food. If you lose weight for the vacation, be prepared to gain it all back and then some. Unlike some vacations, if you are at an all-inclusive resort, you can literally eat as much food as your heart desires and stomach allows. I think my friends and I went for breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack, two dinners, dessert, and then another snack, every single day we were there. It’s kind of insane that we survived the week.

5. Naps on the beach.

My favorite part about beach vacations are the multiple naps I take. I can basically fall asleep anywhere, but my favorite spot to take a nice long nap is under a cabana. It’s close enough to the water that I can hear each crashing wave and feel just the right amount of heat from the sun.

6. The nightlife.

Whether you leave the resort or not, there is always something to do at night. On the resort, there is usually a main stage for big entertaining shows – sometimes there are cultural dances or other times there are amusing impersonators. There is also usually a night club, a casino, or a late-night sports bar that is always popping! If you do want to venture away from the resort, most places have shuttles to the nearest city or town that have great night clubs and entertainment!

7. Friendship.

The most important thing that comes out of a girls’ trip is the memories that will last a lifetime and continue to be inside jokes forever. Being in close quarters with a bunch of people – even if they are your best friends – can cause tension and annoyances. However, you grow to love your friends even more for all the issues that may arise. Plus, everything works itself out after a laughable moment at the club or walk back to the room. 

Now, I understand that not everyone is into just sitting around on a beach for too long, but from experience, five days of relaxing, tanning, and napping was just right. I promise a short trip away from everyday stress is never a bad idea! The tan I came back with was phenomenal and the memories my friends and I created were even better! It’s also super easy to book short vacations at an all-inclusive resort, because it’s all one bill and travel agents make it even easier by telling you the best places to go for your money!

It’s never too early to plan a summer vacation…

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Delanie is a senior at Boston University who loves Pavement's iced tea and the Charles River. She has a passion for writing and is on an adventure to find the best coffee shop in Boston. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.