7 Reasons Why Anderson Cooper is One of the Greatest Humans Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Happy National Television Host Day! In honor of today, I would like to take a moment to appreciate America’s favorite news host, Anderson Cooper.

1. His giggle

I have never seen a grown man lose it on live television like I have with Anderson Cooper. The best thing? It has happened more than once. You can see that Anderson is genuine and this only makes him more relatable and makes us love him even more.

2. He is no nonsense.

He has told his panels to shut up on multiple occasions because they did not stop talking over each other. He has moderated many town halls and debates with an iron fist. The list goes on and on, but here is one of my favorite examples.

3. He is fair.

Many argue that he only grills Republicans. While most mainstream media does lean left, Anderson Cooper does his job. He consistently grills Democrats and Republicans and holds people responsible for what they say. No matter what side you’re on, Anderson deserves respect for doing his job well.

4. He has covered everything.

Ever since I became interested in watching the news, Anderson has been reporting it. I, like many people, watch him pretty much every single day. From covering celebrities and several elections to Hurricane Katrina, the Boston Marathon Bombing, and the Paris Attacks, Anderson has reported it all with compassion and accuracy.

5. He’s a Vanderbilt.

Most of you probably don’t even know this because Anderson Cooper doesn’t ever bring this up. Anderson’s mother, who he adores and is very close to, happens to be Gloria Vanderbilt. They even wrote a book together called The Rainbow Comes and Goes, that gives a rare look at their relationship.

6. He is hilarious.

I recently saw Anderson Cooper and one of his very good friends Andy Cohen (who you may know as the man who hosts everything on the network Bravo, who also went to BU and COM students will never let you forget it) at an event they hold around the country called AC2. From telling the audience to drink every time that Andy dropped the name of a celebrity friend to just telling anecdotes about his time as a journalist, Anderson made me laugh all night.

7. He is ADORABLE.

They don’t call him the silver fox for nothing people!

Anderson Cooper, thanks for being you!

Elena is a junior at Boston University studying Film and Television and Journalism.  She likes her shows created by HBO or Shonda Rhimes and possesses an undying love for the New England Patriots.     
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.