7 Reasons to Get Excited for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Although it feels as if the semester just started, Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching. Here are some reasons to get excited.

1.    Going Home

If you live close enough, chances are you are going home. For many, it’s the first time we get to experience our own home since we came to BU in August. It’s a chance to take a break from our school work, busy social lives, and hectic schedules to just relax at home.

2. A Quick Hiatus From The Dining Hall

Don’t get me wrong— our dining hall is great. But how much chicken stir fry can one eat? Not only are we going home to a home-cooked meal, but we are heading to a homemade thanksgiving meal. Honestly… what’s better?

3. Pretending To Be Into Football

I suppose I cannot speak on behalf of everyone, but speaking for myself I can say with confidence that on the other 374 days of the year, I do not attempt to act interested in football. But for some reason, the sprit of Thanksgiving simultaneously changes me into a football supporter. Even if it is only for a day, the family game of football is always a good time.

4. Reuniting With Your Canine

I don’t think anything is more exciting than reuniting with pets. Seriously. Family is great and all… but just thinking about seeing my dogs after two months could bring tears to my eyes.

5. Seeing High School Friends

Obviously we love our friends we’ve made at college, but it’s hard to deny seeing your old friends is amazing. You finally get to reunite with the people you spent the last part of your life with, and who doesn’t like seeing familiar faces?

6. YOUR BED

One of the hardest things about college is the separation anxiety that develops from being away from your bed. Wow. Can’t wait to be reunited.

7. Showering With Bare Feet

Even though it becomes somewhat of a habit, the prospect of being able to shower shoeless is something that is almost unfathomable. So we actually are able to not wear shoes the only place we are allowed to not wear shoes? SWEET.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.