This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While having a huge friend group can be amazing — being surrounded by a bunch of friends at all times — not everyone wants a group chat with thirteen people texting constantly. Just because a friend group is comprised of three to five people doesn’t mean that it’s not the greatest thing to ever happen, trust me! Here are some benefits of having a small friend group. 

1. 100% judgment-free zone 24/7.

Am I the only one who finds it way easier to be weird in front of two or three people rather than ten?  

2. They become your “Ride or Die” group.

They’ll always be there no matter what mood you’re in or what’s up. All you’ll need are your two best girls.  

3. Less people to babysit on nights out.

It’s a lot easier to watch after one or two friends than a slew of slightly out-of-control girls! 

4. Going out is a LOT cheaper.

Easy — less people, less expenses!  

5. It lasts forever.

Spending every day with the same core people creates one of the strongest bonds you’ll ever experience. They become part of you, and you can never imagine living life without them or putting anything else before them. 

6. More room to snuggle. 

The less people, the more room there is in the bed! Everyone loves to cuddle, and when you’re single, your BFFs are more than happy to fill the space.  

7. They’re your best friends in the world.

After a month of religiously hanging out, you’re already in sync with each other. And trust me, it can only get better with time.  

Having a tight-knit group of friends is one of the most rewarding aspects of life, so don’t miss out, collegiettes! 

Jamie is a freshman in the Boston University College of Communication with the intention of obtaining a degree in Journalism. Her main interests include beauty and lifestyle content, as she seeks to use her extensive knowledge in the beauty industry to help out other girls and spread self-confidence. She hopes to have a career in the magazine industry as a writer. If you can't find Jamie taking a nice, long stroll down Newbury with a Starbucks vanilla iced latte in hand, you'll be sure to find her sitting on BU Beach binge-watching Netflix. Follow Jamie on Instagram: @jamshore
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.