6 Fall Drinks That Aren’t The Pumpkin Spiced Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the time where collegiettes all across campus flock to the nearest Starbucks to pick up the Pumpkin Spice Latte. This fall, however, dare to try something different with one of these non PSL drinks, who knows you could fall in love with a new favorite. 

1. Caramel Flan Latte 

The perfect mix of caramel comfort and holiday cheer, this drink is sure to make you rethink the beloved PSL. 

Drink If: You love the seasonal drinks, and have a sweet tooth. 

1. Cinnamon Chai Latte 

Mix up the traditional Chai by adding Cinnamon for a little extra spice. Take it either hot or iced depending on the weather. 

Drink If: You love the spice of the PSL but are not a big coffee fan. 

1. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate 

Channel your inner kid and indulge in some hot chocolate (with extra whipped cream of course) while adding salted caramel for an extra bit of flavor. 

Drink If: You want a sweet treat without caffeine. 

1. Toasted Graham Latte 

Sometimes called “The New PSL”, this drink stands to potentially replace the pumpkin classic. With graham cracker crumbles and sweet milk, this drink will remind you of summer s’mores while you study for that midterm. 

Drink If:  You want something sweet but not too sweet, with a hint of cinnamon  

1. Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino  

Just because it’s fall does not mean that you need to kiss your blended drinks goodbye until summer. This drink is perfect for warmer fall days. 

Drink If: You need to cool down. 

1. Cinnamon Dolce Latte 

This tastes less like a coffee and more like a dessert, so it is perfect for those fall days where you need something extra to get you through those Monday classes. 

Drink If: You like to drink your desserts. 

Sophie is a junior at Boston University studying Psychology and Education. When she isn't memorizing parts of the brain or writing papers on the philosophies of teaching, she likes to dance, shop, and obsess over her pet rabbit.
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis