jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Entertain Yourself When It’s Freezing Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you’re like me, you were ecstatic to get back to BU and see what the second semester had in store. I felt refreshed and ready to begin exploring the city again. However, coming back to temperatures in the TENS has hampered my plan to see any sights in the city. Even committing to the five-minute walk to FitRec can be impossible in this frigid weather. However, being stuck inside does not have to be boring!

At Home Spa Day

The winter months are some of the most depressing of the year. Nothing can brighten up your day like a hot pink pedicure! Grab your friends and spend the day making mud masks and giving each other manicures. When spring emerges, you will look fresh and rejuvenated.

Online Shop

It’s addicting and highly dangerous. However, many stores are already starting to put their winter clothes on sale to prepare for the coming warm months (yes, they will come!). Spend some of your hard-earned cash to revamp your wardrobe and stop wearing the same cozy sweaters everyday. Check out online shops like Tobi, which are constantly updating their merchandise.

Movie Night

Now is the perfect time to catch up on this season’s best movies before the Academy Awards. Make a delicious and easy treat, like microwaveable S’mores, and give yourself a day off to chill. Leaving your Snuggy is not required.

Work Out

The beginning of a semester can be extremely stressful; you’re not the only one who didn’t write anything but Christmas cards over break. Take the time to de-stress with some new workouts. Try something fun and new like yoga. YouTube has tons of easy videos that don’t require trekking through the snow to the gym (bundling up to go outside is a workout in itself).

Game Night

If you haven’t played Cards Against Humanity yet, you’re truly missing out. This game is like an adult version of the classic Apples to Apples. It’s hilarious and has any hardly rules, perfect for when you’re brain dead after class.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.