person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

The 5 Types of Instagram Pages That Can Change Your Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Instagram is one of the largest media-sharing platforms that allows people to instantaneously share life’s important moments.

But, the social media app can sometimes be a drag when all of your feed is the fabricated and boring content that your acquaintances may be sharing.

Make that scroll through Instagram an enjoyable one by following pages that “aestheticize” and brighten your feed. It should be an exploratory scroll, one that leaves you intrigued, travel happy, or maybe even hungry.

Here are the 5 types of pages you should add to your following…

1. Art Pages

Photo Credit: Musee de Lourve

Pages that share cool and creative content are great additions to your feed. I love to aimlessly look through art pages, whether they are from recognized or unrecognized artists. These types of posts are unique and can spark your interest, and maybe even your creative side too. From the pages of renowned museums to those of aspiring artists, you can certainly find something to appease your aesthetic and artistic eye.

2. Magazines

Photo Credit: Town and Country Magazine

Magazines post well-developed content on the regular. Lifestyle, fashion, and healthy living publications can offer so much to your feed. These pages are so easy to fall into as their photography and posts are usually very aesthetic. Following news outlets is also a great way to keep yourself informed while taking that usually unproductive scroll through the gram.

3. Food

Photo Credit: New Fork City

Create your ultimate food bucket list by following some yummy pages. Scrolling through the coolest meals and snacks not only makes you hungry but can inspire you to go out and try things or maybe even take up cooking. There are food blogs and pages for virtually any type of cuisine or region you are interested in.

4. Bloggers

Photo Credit: Negin Mirsalehi

If you are interested in fashion and lifestyle, bloggers are the perfect page for you to follow. Some travel, wine and dine, and model the coolest clothing. Others share their thoughts and perspective on the world through their pictures and captions.

5. Travel

Photo Credit: Wonderful Places

Instagram is also full of travel pages, which can give you a ton of wanderlust. Explore the world through the photographs and experiences of travel-lovers. These aesthetic and intriguing posts can teach you a lot about the different places and cultures that this world has to offer. Explore the photographs of just about any place by searching in the tagged location section.

Social media, like Instagram, can be a beneficial and exploratory experience if you follow pages that enhance your life and spark your interest.

The world of Instagram offers content that would interest just about any user. Spark your wanderlust, hunger, or creative side by following a few cool pages.

Now follow away!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.