This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

K-pop concerts aren’t much different from regular concerts, which is a realization I came to last year during my first concert to see Tomorrow X Together. Here are the five tips that I found helpful before, during, and after the concert.

Eat beforehand 

It may sound extremely general, but you’d be surprised how much you forget to do the day of a concert. Getting something to eat beforehand ensures that you have the energy you need to enjoy the whole concert while not having to spend money on the venue’s overpriced food. Do yourself a favor beforehand and get something filling!

Make sure your makeup will last

The concert I attended was in Texas, but summer is always warm all around the U.S. The heat can melt your makeup, which is why it’s good to have some sort of setting spray or touch-up kit to secure your makeup look well into the end of the concert.

arrive (somewhat) early for merch and freebies

Just like any concert, the merch lines and the people handing out freebies are always crowded and packed at all times. There’s no need to get there super early, but getting there about 1.5 hours before your concert will ensure that even if you don’t get merch outside, you’ll get it first when you enter the venue. Also, people with freebies tend to loiter around these lines, so it’s a good idea to stick around!

bring a see-through bag

My venue allowed all bags in, but you’re better safe than sorry by bringing a clear bag. There are plenty of cute options in different colors that are sure to match your outfits. Also, make sure your bag is spacious enough to hold your phone, merch, and other important things.

Preserve the memories

While I have an almost obsessive catalog of videos from the concert, I believe you shouldn’t spend the whole time watching the concert on your phone to preserve the memories. In that same way, take lots of pictures with your friends or the people you go with. It’s those pictures that I end up looking fondly upon in the long run.

i think it goes without saying that the most important tip is to have fun and experience the joy that is live music!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Surmayee Thakur is a student Boston University. She works on the writing team and as an editor for HCBU. She enjoys covering a variety of topics including beauty, film and television, music, and her experience as a South Asian woman and a student. Surmayee is an English major, Public Health minor, and a premed student. She has worked as an English teacher and has a passion for writing and reading. She hopes to make healthcare a more accessible and communicative field. In her free time, Surmayee enjoys writing, listening to music, shopping, and reading. She's a fantasy/YA book, K-Drama, and South Asian media aficionado and she can often be found consuming either of the 3 voraciously in bed.