The 5 Places on BU’s Campus You Missed Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There are a million reasons why winter break is a beacon of light in the whirlwind that is a semester of college – it’s a break from being assaulted with homework, midterms, dining hall food, and somehow never catching up on sleep.  But as much as we cherish those lazy days of lounging at home, there are a lot of places on campus to be missed over our month-long hiatus. Here are some of the best spots at BU that you just can’t find in your hometown!

FitRec

Whether you’re a year-round fitness junkie or just visiting FitRec to kick off your New Years Resolutions, you have to admit it’s nice to have this expansive gym right on campus! Sometimes it’s easy to take for granted that we have this free facility where you can workout, play basketball, use a dance studio, or even rock climb!

Blue State Coffee

Located right around the corner from the West campus dorms, Blue State Coffee is a great haven for good java, fresh food, and a nice study atmosphere. What’s great about Blue State is that you can stop in and grab a cup of coffee on your way to class, or order one of their delicious soups, salads, or sandwiches and have lunch with a friend. This cozy coffee house is both a hangout spot and a tasty off-campus dining option!

The BU Beach

Okay, so maybe it’s not really a beach, but BU’s quaint grassy stretch behind Marsh Plaza with a stunning view of the Charles is something you just can’t beat. Even if it is a little too chilly in Boston right now to lay out on the lawn for some study hours, it’s still relaxing to take a stroll past the river, and take in the less metropolitan side of the city. 

Allston

Whether you frequent Allston for the trendy brunches or for the legendary “Allston Crawl” on Friday and Saturday nights, Allston offers a lot to the BU community, especially when it comes to the weekend. So, even though frat row can get a little grimy, Allston will always hold a special place in the hearts of BU students. 

Your Dorm Room

Of all the places on Commonwealth Ave, your dorm room is by far the most sacred to you.  Even though it was definitely nice to be home for winter break and sleep in your own room that you might’ve even grown up in, there’s something about coming back to your no doubt cluttered and cramped dorm room that makes you feel like BU is your home away from home.  

Welcome back to school, and good luck in the new semester! 

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.