This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fall semester is finally winding down, which means there’s no shortage of stress, final exams, and group projects lingering in the next week. So, in anticipation of the upcoming break, I’m preparing for one of my favorite relaxed activities: movie nights. These five movies should be at the top of your watchlist over winter break.

the mistle-tones

I’ve written about this movie before, but I’ll mention it again because it’s just that good. The Mistle-Tones is full of that feel-good holiday spirit that I’m always craving in December. It’s light-hearted and a perfect family movie night choice as well. Not to mention, it’s a chance to see Disney OG Tia Mowry on your screen again. 

a christmas dance reunion

This Lifetime movie is a new release, so while I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, I have no doubt it will become a Christmas favorite of mine. I’m not even a fan of Lifetime films as a whole, but this one is too good to pass up. Starring High School Musical’s Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman, A Christmas Dance Reunion is exactly the type of homecoming I needed this year. 

happiest season

This Hulu original is not your typical Christmas movie. The romantic comedy-drama stars Kristen Stewart, Aubrey Plaza, and Dan Levy, among other celebrity favorites. No spoilers here, but you might want to bring a tissue box. 

a bad mom’s christmas

It’s so bad, it’s good. I’m a film major, and I’m telling you to go watch A Bad Mom’s Christmas to enjoy some festive entertainment this month. I don’t believe in guilty pleasure movies, so savor this comedy in pride.

barbie in A christmas carol

This was one of my favorite Barbie movies as a kid. Since I’ve been seeing a resurgence of love for the Barbie cinematic universe on my TikTok feed, I thought I’d include this underrated Barbie film that retells the classic A Christmas Carol story in a blonde, animated fashion. But if Barbie isn’t for you, maybe this is your sign to go re-watch a childhood classic film of your own choosing. 

I hope these suggestions have given you some hidden holiday gems and a bit of inspiration for your winter watchlist. I, for one, cannot wait to get in some cozy Christmas pjs and binge-watch these movies.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mariel is a junior at Boston University studying Advertising and Film/TV. She loves fashion, trying new restaurants and food spots, and chatting about all things pop culture.