yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Fall Favorites for Every Foodie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

October has begun and it officially feels like fall! In the Northeast, fall is a beautiful time of crisp temperatures, colored leaves, and amazing seasonal treats.  

As a self-designated foodie, I believe fall is home to some of the best cozy foods. A little pumpkin spiced something with a dash of cinnamon apple something, right? Here are 5 fall foods you cannot go through the season without:  

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

There’s nothing quite like a warm drink on a crisp fall day. Pumpkin Spice Lattes incorporate every fall flavor into the perfect coffee drink: these spices include cinnamon, pumpkin, clove, and nutmeg. This combination makes for the ultimate fall flavor and aroma. Grab a PSL at your local coffee shop or make it on your own!

2. Apple Everything!

It’s apple season, which means that every apple-flavored food is ready for fall. Some of my favorites are apple cider, apple cider donuts, caramelized apples, and of course apple pie. Hungry right? Apple treats are the perfect fall go-to for experiencing the flavors of the season! 

3. Butternut Squash

For a fall meal, butternut squash is a great pick. Try it in soup or roasted and it is the perfect fall-time lunch or dinner. The vegetable is particularly sweet and has a flavor similar to pumpkin. Many stores, like Trader Joe’s, sell the perfect butternut squash soup, which is easy to heat up on a chilly fall day.

4. Sweet Breads

My personal favorite treat is a warm slice of banana or pumpkin bread on a fall day. Pumpkin bread is a great way to incorporate the autumn flavors into a tasty dessert. Banana bread, with walnuts, is also a great seasonal treat that pairs well with a pumpkin spiced latte or spiced chai.

5. Mashed Potatoes 

Potato dishes are a staple for fall comfort food. Mashed potatoes or sweet potato pie are great fall meals. Sweet potatoes, seasoned with cinnamon and other sweet spices, can also make a sweet seasonal treat. 

Autumn brings such a wonderful palette of flavors, so why not enjoy them? So when you have a minute, kick back, have a PSL and an apple cider donut, and enjoy fall!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.